Greg Hardy continues to rep success in his occupation as a reliable fighter.
The extinct NFL well-known particular person picked up his sixth occupation victory at UFC 249, as he outpointed Yorgan De Castro in a unanimous possibility. The judges’ scores have been 30-27 all over the board.
The bout began dicey for Hardy (6-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC), as De Castro (6-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) made sure Hardy felt his energy early on with highly efficient punches and sizable leg kicks. The first spherical became shut, as De Castro looked appropriate early and damaged Hardy’s legs with kicks, but then began to proceed behind within the spherical.
In the 2d spherical, Hardy began to press forward, dictate the tempo and land the higher shots. That momentum ended up carrying into spherical three, making Hardy the dominant force for the length of the huge majority of the fight.
With this consequence, Hardy bounced attend from a loss to Alexander Volkov attend in November. Hardy has been combating professionally since June 2018.
In the interim, De Castro lost his undefeated mark. This defeat snapped a six-fight a hit plug which spanned his total occupation as a reliable MMA fighter.
The heavyweight bout spread out the UFC 249 major card at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Fla. It aired on pay-per-stare following prelims on ESPN/ESPN+ and early prelims on UFC Fight Circulation/ESPN+.
Up-to-the-minute UFC 249 outcomes consist of:
Greg Hardy def. Yorgan De Castro by technique of unanimous possibility (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Anthony Pettis def. Donald Cerrone by technique of unanimous possibility (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Aleksei Oleinik def. Fabricio Werdum by technique of slice up possibility (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Carla Esparza def. Michelle Waterson by technique of slice up possibility (27-30, 29-28, 30-27)
- Vicente Luque def. Niko Label by technique of TKO (doctor’s stoppage) – Spherical 3, 3: 37
- Bryce Mitchell def. Charles Rosa by technique of unanimous possibility (30-25, 30-25, 30-24)
- Ryan Spann def. Sam Alvey by technique of slice up possibility (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)