San Antonio, Bexar County officials provide most accepted update in nightly coronavirus briefing
SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio and Bexar County officials reported 39 light COVID-19 circumstances on Monday, bringing the total coronavirus case depend to 1,652. The city’s death toll remained accurate at 48.
Thirty-four of those light circumstances were reported within the Bexar County Penitentiary, while five definite take a look at results got here from the neighborhood. The numbers will likely proceed to develop as extra testing happens on the jail, officials previously stated.
“We’re seeing a proper slowdown within the amount of definite circumstances we’re getting,” Metro Health Director Ruin of day Emerick stated, while cautioning that social distancing efforts must level-headed proceed.
For the explanation that virus used to be detected on the jail, bigger than 280 inmates and staff maintain examined definite.
Recoveries also grew, the numbers confirmed. As of Monday, 804 patients maintain recovered from COVID-19.
San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenberg also stated 57 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, while 28 others within the sanatorium are below investigation. Thirty-three other folks are within the intensive care unit and 18 are on ventilators.
Which that you just shall be in a arrangement to study an interactive design and varied crucial details on the virus that is up up to now day after day on the Metropolis of San Antonio’s COVID-10 online internet page. (Fetch the mobile model of the below dashboard here.)
What we learn about COVID-19 associated deaths in Bexar County:
In Bexar County, COVID-19 has taken 48 lives.
About 39% of the deaths in Bexar County — 18 in all — happened among residents on the Southeast Nursing House and Rehabilitation Heart, where an endemic contaminated on the least 74 residents and 28 team individuals.
Previous the nursing dwelling, three other folks who died were in their 40s, city knowledge confirmed.
Twenty-two of the 46 other folks who maintain died were Hispanic, 11 of those that died were shaded, 12 were white and one used to be Asian. Four of the patients who died are younger than 50.
All but judicious one of the deaths fervent patients with underlying circumstances.
The following tables camouflage the breakdown of all confirmed circumstances by age and gender.
|Age Community||Collection of Conditions (as of 5/4/20)||% of Total Conditions|
|Gender of affected person||Collection of Conditions (as of 5/4/20)||% of Conditions|
COVID-19 in surrounding counties
The counties surrounding San Antonio maintain also been stricken with the unfold of COVID-19.
Fetch the most up-tp-date details for surrounding counties here:
- Comal County
- Kendall County
- Guadalupe County
- Wilson County (In Floresville, officials are concerned of a doable outbreak on the Frank M. Tejeda Used’s House. Two circumstances had been reported there, and one person has died.)
- Medina County
- Bandera County
- DeWitt County
- Gillespie County
- Hays County
Lethal outbreak at San Antonio nursing dwelling
The virus hasty unfold via Southeast Nursing and Rehabilitation in gradual March, infecting bigger than 100 residents and team and taking the lives of 18 residents up to now.
After the outbreak used to be identified, city officials barred nursing dwelling staffers from working in a entire lot of nursing properties. Restful, one of the most contaminated team individuals from the Southeast facility had already frolicked at varied locations.
The skill has a historical previous of unfortunate health and safety rankings. No longer lower than two other folks who worked on the energy at some stage within the outbreak and one family of a resident maintain spoken to KSAT about how they suspect the administrators didn’t adequately acknowledge.
- Nursing dwelling therapist warned supervisors of doable COVID-19 publicity 10 days sooner than lethal outbreak, records camouflage
- ‘I’m offended:’ 2d worker at SA nursing dwelling with 15 COVID-19 deaths voices issues about facility’s response
- ’We actually feel helpless’: Household of COVID-19 affected person at nursing dwelling focused on care he’s receiving after fatal outbreak
A spokesperson for Texas Health and Human Products and companies confirmed the agency is investigating Southeast Nursing’s an infection control practices, whether or no longer it properly screened team and suppliers of indispensable products and companies to residents and whether or no longer it has been following COVID-19 associated steering from utter and federal authorities.
KSAT CORONAVIRUS CONTINUING COVERAGE:
- Be conscious coronavirus circumstances by ZIP, age in San Antonio with interactive design
- Explained: How Abbott plans to reopen Texas and variations from San Antonio, Bexar County orders
- Businesses in San Antonio that can/gained’t reopen this weekend
- These are the areas that that you just would perhaps well perhaps rating examined for COVID-19 in Bexar County, San Antonio
- Map: Be conscious COVID-19 circumstances in Texas, county-by-county updates
- SAQ: Your coronavirus questions answered
- A details to unemployment benefits for Texans laid off at some stage in coronavirus pandemic
- Where San Antonio-dwelling college students can rating free Wi-Fi at some stage in pandemic
- Map: Where San Antonio-dwelling college students can rating free college meals at some stage in closures
- 8 ways to support your fellow San Antonians at some stage in coronavirus pandemic
- ’SA Food 2 Dash:’ Search inside of sight restaurants offering to-run, transport spherical San Antonio
- Sources from World Health Group, Centers for Disease Support a watch on and Prevention, Metropolis of San Antonio
Copyright 2020 by KSAT – All rights reserved.