PGA TOUR assertion
Now we had been working since March to variety a comprehensive health and safety blueprint that is in all likelihood regarded as a handiest yelp amongst real sports actions leagues. While we comprise got been thorough in building and implementing a program that mitigates as powerful threat as doable, we knew it can per chance well perchance be unattainable to eliminate all threat – as evidenced by the three certain tests this week.
Now we comprise to make spend of these trends as a stark reminder for everyone eager as we continue to learn from an operational standpoint; we are making several adjustments to our health and safety blueprint, as favorite within the memo sent to gamers this morning, and we can consistently reinforce to all gamers, caddies, workers contributors and strengthen personnel on property at PGA TOUR occasions to follow social distancing and other safety protocols that extra decrease threat.
Decided COVID-19 cases with arrival trying out entire (2,757 entire in-market event tests over three weeks; 7 positives):
This week: Vacationers Championship
• Cameron Champ (PGA TOUR player)
• Ken Comboy (caddie for Graeme McDowell)
• Ricky Elliott (caddie for Brooks Koepka)
• No positives
Overview of withdrawals from the Vacationers Championship self-discipline (chronological disclose):
• Withdrew after trying out certain for COVID-19 on Tuesday.
• “I no doubt feel great physically and I was clearly bowled over and dissatisfied to learn of the take a look at result,” acknowledged Champ. “It’s important now to snatch the the biggest steps and measures to offer protection to others, including my family contributors.”
• Withdrew out of an abundance of warning after his caddie, Ken Comboy, examined certain for COVID-19.
• “When I behold on the final four to 5 days, I comprise experienced some fatigue and muscle soreness myself,” acknowledged McDowell. “I didn’t call to mind it as COVID connected, but rather appropriate the carry out of being assist on the road, assist practicing, assist playing and appropriate a little bit drained after having a few months off. However now that Kenny has examined certain – and we’ve spent heaps of time together the final 10 days – I comprise to snatch those signs extra critically. That’s the reason I’m withdrawing this week. I want to snatch out the responsible aspect.
“I’ve had two negative tests this week – Monday and Wednesday – but if there’s any chance that I’m capable of comprise it, I’m no longer eager on risking the risk that I’ll perchance per chance well perchance pass it onto any individual else this week in Hartford. I determined to pressure assist to Orlando this day, versus flying and folks risks as well. I’m appropriate going to snatch the scenic route down the east waft of the US for 17 hours and expand my files of U.S. geography rather.”
• Withdrew out of an abundance of warning after his caddie, Ricky Elliott, examined certain for COVID-19.
• “I haven’t examined certain for COVID-19, but as I’ve acknowledged all alongside, I’m taking this very critically,” acknowledged Brooks Koepka. “I don’t would prefer to snatch out anything that will per chance well perchance jeopardize the health of any player within the self-discipline or his potential to compete. I was planning to snatch the following two weeks off anyway, so the honest aspect to snatch out honest now may perchance per chance well perchance be salvage dwelling, strengthen Ricky and no doubt feel assured that I’m doing what I’m capable of carry out retaining my fellow TOUR contributors, my PGA TOUR mates and everyone associated with the Vacationers Championship this week.”
• Withdrew out of an abundance of warning; has been examined twice and has no longer examined certain for COVID-19 this week.
• “In the final 24 hours, I had a family member take a look at certain for COVID-19,” acknowledged Simpson. “While my tests this week had been negative, I no doubt feel delight in it is some distance my responsibility to tackle my family and offer protection to my mates within the self-discipline by withdrawing from the Vacationers Championship. I shuffle to come assist dwelling to Charlotte and quarantine below CDC pointers, and I sit up for returning to competition after that time-frame.”
• Withdrew out of an abundance of warning; neither he nor his caddie, Dan Gambil, comprise examined certain for COVID-19, but they played a custom spherical with McDowell (caddie certain) and Brooks Koepka (caddie certain).
• “Despite being very taking into consideration playing the Vacationers Championship, I’m electing to withdraw,” acknowledged Koepka. “My team and I comprise all examined negative for COVID-19; nevertheless, I was in shut contact with someone who examined certain. I no doubt feel as if here is the most attention-grabbing dedication to snatch all other gamers, caddies and volunteers safe. I wish everyone the most attention-grabbing of success this week.”
Chad Mendes and Michael Bisping are both retired, but they’ve exchanged rather a lot combating phrases currently. The pork between the opponents before the entirety started after Mendes commented on a post made by Tim Kennedy on Instagram where he talked about his 2014 clutch over Bisping. The dilapidated middleweight champion then fired support at...