LINCOLN, Neb. — 5 extra presumptive distinct case of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) were reported to the Nebraska Division of Neatly being and Human Companies (DHHS) bringing the divulge entire to 10. DHHS is waiting for closing confirmation from the Facilities for Illness Preserve watch over and Prevention (CDC).
The contemporary circumstances are relatives of the girl who honest no longer too prolonged within the past traveled to California and Nevada and tested distinct for COVID-19. They dwell in Douglas County and are self-keeping apart at home.
Isolation is keeping apart in wretched health people from healthy people to prevent the spread of disease.
“These circumstances stem from family contact and are no longer idea about community spread,” said Dr. Gary Anthone, Chief Clinical Officer and Director of Public Neatly being for DHHS. “Native health departments are main this response at the community level with assist from DHHS. Contact investigations were initiated to title individuals who came into end contact with relatives to succor prevent additional spread. All identified end contacts will self-quarantine and be actively monitored twice every day by public health officials for fever and respiratory symptoms.”
Quarantine is keeping apart healthy individuals who can even were uncovered to a disease to hurry wanting within the event that they change into in wretched health.
Here is additional recordsdata on the Douglas County Neatly being Division’s COVID-19 response – https://www.douglascountyhealth.com/most up-to-date-news
Public health companions across the divulge proceed to snatch motion to protect the health of Nebraskans and prevent the spread of disease.
HELP PROTECT YOURSELF FROM COVID-19
– Warding off end contact with in wretched health people and protect home whenever you happen to’re in wretched health.
– Washing hands usually with cleansing soap and water for no longer no longer up to 20 seconds.
– If cleansing soap and water are no longer accessible, use an alcohol-basically based sanitizer.
– Warding off touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
– Protecting your nose and mouth with a tissue whenever you happen to cough or sneeze then throw the tissue within the trash.
– Cleaning and disinfecting continuously touched objects and surfaces.
– Here’s the set you might well perhaps receive tools and sources for people and families, colleges, communities, businesses, healthcare facilities, and first responders on the
DHHS websites andthe CDC’s websites.
DHHS will proceed to update Nebraskans by technique of the DHHS websites and on Fb and Twitter as we maintain now contemporary recordsdata.